Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's All Good in the 'Hood

I'll be the first to admit that I give my neighborhood a lot of flack. The stroller brigades, the lack of late-night entertainment, the fact that it's in Brooklyn... the list goes on and on. But this past weekend, I spent the bulk of my time walking around Park Slope. And much to my surprise, I really kind of liked it. I don't know if it was the sun or just the fact that I was out of my apartment (months of hibernation take a toll on a girl!), but I am really starting to warm up to the 'hood. Don't get me wrong, I am moving as soon as my lease is up, but hopefully this gives some of you incentive to come visit me this spring and summer.

Brooklyn Larder:
From the geniuses behind Franny's (the fab pizza spot right across the street) comes this little cheese and meat shop. The samples alone are enough to keep me coming back for more. And its location is perfect for stocking up on picnic treats and walking the few short blocks to Prospect Park.


Paper Love:
If you know me, you know I have an affinity for anything cute and small. And this little store is full of treasures! Truly a unique little paper store.


Cafe Regular du Nord:
This cafe makes me feel like I am in Europe, and the espresso drinks are delicious. If you are lucky enough to snag a seat on the sidewalk, you could seriously spend the day there without a care in the world.


Yes, another little gourmet food shop. But this one is full of fresh pastries, imported treats, and great chocolates. And it's two blocks from my apartment. This could get dangerous.


GreenMarket at Grand Army Plaza:
It's back, and I couldn't be happier. Fresh flowers, produce and breads from local growers is a sure sign that warmer weather is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment